Already one of Australia's fastest female sprinters, Maddie Coates at just the age of 20 has already achieved a lot in the world of Athletics. Having recorded an A standard Qualifying time in the 200m at the Australian Athletics National Championships/Commonwealth Games Trials in February 2018, Maddie will now be heading to the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast to represent Australia.
With her sites firmly set on the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Maddie will continue racing both domestically and internationally against the top female sprinters in the world in order to give herself the best opportunity to achieve her goals.
Honesty, kindness, respect, balance, compassion and happiness are all values which Maddie feels strongly about and is always motivated and excited to create new relationships with sponsors which share similar beliefs.
- Birthdate September 27, 1997
- Distance 100m & 200m
- Career Highlights: Commonwealth Games representative 200m & 4x100m
- 2018 Aus Champs 200m - 2nd
- 2017 Stawell Gift 120m - 3rd (Backmarker)
- 2017 Vic Champs 100m - 1st
- 2017 Vic Champs 200m - 1st
- 2016 World Jrs 4x100m - Final
- 2016 World Jrs Semi Final (top 8 Under 20 ranking in world)
Someone asked me recently what goes through my mind when I’m running a 200m. The answer is a lot. And also, almost nothing. Here’s what I mean by that. The first thing I normally do in the 200 is compare who I’m next to, to see whether or not I’m doing well, and whether I’m…