Breust is a perfect example of where hard work can take you. Originally selected as a rookie in 2009 by the Hawthorn Football Club, Breust has now earned a name for himself as one of the elite small forwards in the competition.
With over 300 goals to his name already, Breust's ability to read the play and find space inside 50 has made him one of the toughest small forwards to match up on in the league.
Combining his time in the forward half with efforts through the midfield allows Luke to also highlight his versatility to play multiple roles for the Hawks when required.
- Birthdate November 11, 1990
- BirthplaceTemora, NSW
- PositionSmall Forward
- Draft Pick2009 Rookie Draft / Pick: #47
- Career HighlightsAFL Premiership Player 2013, 2014 & 2015
- All Australian 2014 & 2018
- AFL Best 22 Under 22 Team 2012, 2013
- Hawthorn Most Promising Player 2012
- AFL Rising Star Nominee 2011
2018 Review Luke Breust enjoyed an outstanding season in 2018, capped off by his second All Australian honour. The 28-year-old was the leading small forward of the competition this year, finishing the year with 54 goals to his name. His tackling numbers were not hindered by his prowess in front of goal either, averaging more…